Tim was born in 1963 to Donald and Shirley Wirgau. He and his four siblings- two brothers and two sisters- grew up in a Pentecostal home, where they learned the importance of God, family, and country at an early age. His father served as an Assembly of God minister, and his mother worked as a nurse taking care of cancer patients and the elderly.
Tim and his family went through a drastic change when his uncle, Harold “Rowdy” Perry, was drafted as a Marine to fight in Vietnam. Tim recalls the moment when his uncle left: “I will never forget standing by my grandfather as we watched my uncle’s plane fly off. My grandfather had tears streaming down his cheek and he was clutching me so tightly as he said, ‘He’s going to fight for our country’ ”. When his uncle left Tim stepped up to help his grandparents on their farm.
involvement and achievements
• General Manager of World’s Biggest Fish Fry 1999-2000
• Rotary Club member since 1996 Past President
• Paris Henry County Chamber of Commerce President 2002-2003
• Henry County Quarterback Club Treasurer 2004 -2010
• Helping Hand Vice President Board of Directors 2003-2006
• Awarded Lifetime Jaycee Membership in 2004
• 2005 Chamber of Commerce Person of the Year
• Henry County Commissioner 2006 - 2010
• State Representative for the 75th District 2010-Present